TORONTO – Ontario workers are sounding the alarm with an emergency appeal for the Ford government to take action to address the Omicron crisis.
On Thursday, January 20 at 9:30 a.m., labour leaders from the Ontario Federation of Labour, Ontario Nurses’ Association, Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario, and CUPE Ontario will hold a virtual press conference to raise six key demands that workers urgently need action on from the Ford government. They will be joined by Leader of the Official Opposition, Andrea Horwath.
The demands that will be addressed have been endorsed by organizations representing over a million workers. They will be released as part of joint statement following tomorrow’s press conference.
Date: Thursday, January 20, 2022
Time: 9:30 am
- Patty Coates, President, Ontario Federation of Labour
- DJ Sanderson, RN and Vice-President, Ontario Nurses’ Association
- Karen Brown, President, Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
- Fred Hahn, President, CUPE Ontario
- Andrea Horwath, Leader, Ontario New Democratic Party
Livestream Link: https://www.facebook.com/OFLabour
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications
Ontario Federation of Labour
firstname.lastname@example.org l 416-894-3456