March 11, 2021
DEADLINE TO APPLY – March 18, 2021 4:00 p.m. EST
The Ontario Federation of Labour is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages those who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply. First Nations, Metis, Inuit persons, persons of colour, persons with a disability, and persons who are 2SLGTBQI+ are encouraged to self-identify in the application.
The Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) represents 54 unions and one million workers and is Canada’s largest provincial labour federation. The OFL is seeking to fill a vacant Administrative Support position. The successful candidate will begin in April 2021 or as soon as possible, and report to the Secretary-Treasurer of the OFL, through the OFL’s Executive Director, Finance and Administration.
Join a small dynamic, energetic team of elected leaders, social justice advocates and other skilled staff at the OFL.
LOCATION: North York, Toronto
START DATE: April 2021
HOURS OF WORK: Approximately 35 hours per week (Full‐time permanent position)
REMUNERATION: Competitive salary, pension and benefits in accordance with the COPE Local 343 collective agreement.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills. The candidate must be a team player and able to work in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant employment experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express);
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Solutions (InDesign, Photoshop), experience with graphic design layout;
- Advanced language and editing skills;
- In‐depth understanding of office operations;
- Dedicated to keeping and maintaining confidentiality;
- Knowledge of software such as Word Press, Nation Builder, social media applications and ability to learn other applications as required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility, problem solving skills with good judgement in duties and representing the organization;
- Proven time management and organizational skills with limited supervision; and
- A commitment to social justice, worker’s rights and the trade union movement.
* Proficiency in other languages, particularly French and a diploma/degree from an accredited college/university in office/business administration will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will provide a variety of administrative support, including:
- Performing receptionist duties, including answering phones, taking messages, receiving daily mail, and greeting visitors;
- Secretarial functions including typing, editing, proofreading and formatting documents (graphic design layout), letters, emails and general correspondence;
- Supporting the executive director, finance and administration and department directors including setting up meetings and events, attending meetings, and taking and transcribing minutes in a timely manner;
- Work with the OFL per capita databases, Thorntree, including daily deposit, input into the database, daily and monthly balance reconciliation, and support for the annual audit process;
- Maintaining appropriate filing systems;
- Cross‐training on printing and other functions;
- Administrative duties associated with and at the OFL’s biennial convention including but not limited to: Convention call package; credentials; maintain convention online registration files and registration payments; vender table management; assisting caucus’s meetings; and other duty are required.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned; local travel may be required
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications including a resume and cover letter can be sent to Paulette Hazel at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Please include your name and “Administrative Support” in the subject line of your email.
DATE POSTED: March 11, 2021
REMOVAL DATE: March 18, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.