November 19, 2022 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Help education workers get a good deal now!
It’s how we defeated Bill 28. And it’s how we’re going to win a good deal for education workers.
That’s why the Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) is calling for solidarity actions this Saturday, November 19 from 11AM to 12PM in every community in the province. Just like the last two Saturdays, we need to show up for education workers and make our solidarity visible.
Scroll down to see a full list of actions.
If you don’t see an action in your community, and would like to host one, let us know the details here and we’ll help you promote it. See the check-list below for how to host an action.
Together, we can win this.
All actions take place on Saturday, November 19 from 11AM to 12PM.
More events will be added as details are confirmed. Please check back soon.
- Belleville: MPP Todd Smith’s Office, 5503 Hwy 62 S, Unit D, Belleville K8N 0L5 (shareable)
- Chatham-Kent: MPP Trevor Jones’s Office, 111 Heritage Rd, Chatham N7M 5W7 (shareable)
- London Region: Monte McNaughton’s Office, 81 Front St W, Strathroy N7G 1X6 (shareable)
- Niagara Region: MPP Sam Oosterhof’s Office, 4961 King St, Beamsville L0R 1B0 (shareable)
- Pickering: MPP Peter Bethlenfalvy’s Office, 1550 Kingston Rd Hwy #2, Pickering L1V 1C3 (shareable)
- Sarnia: MPP Robert Bailey’s Office, Suite 102, 805 Christina St N, Point Edward N7V 1A4 (shareable)
- Thunder Bay: MPP Kevin Holland’s Office, 409 George St, Thunder Bay P7E 5Y9 (shareable)
- Toronto (Etobicoke): Premier Doug Ford’s Office, 823 Albion Rd, Etobicoke M9V 1A3 (shareable)
- Toronto (Downtown): Yonge-Dundas Square, 1 Dundas St E, Toronto M5B 2R8 (shareable)
- Windsor: MPP Andrew Dowie’s Office, 5452 Tecumseh Rd E #1, Windsor N8T 1C7 (shareable)
How to host a solidarity action in your community:
- Pick a busy intersection in your community or another highly visible location (like a Conservative MPP’s office) where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic
- Show up from 11AM to 12PM. Bring banners, placards, homemade signs, purple ribbons and balloons, etc.–whatever you can to show your support
- During the action, wear purple, give out info leaflets, chant solidarity slogans, hold placards and banners, etc.
- Use this email message to invite everyone in your community (add date, time, location, etc.)
- Tell us about your solidarity action here so we can help promote it
Keep your solidarity action simple, so it’s easy for people to join. To host one, you only need a few people.