On the National Day of Mourning, April 28, we remember the workers killed or injured on the job and commit to continuing the fight for laws that improve worker health and safety across the province and the country.
This year, we reflect on the workers who died or fell ill while working through the COVID-19 pandemic. We demand that Premier Ford commit to the long overdue health and safety recommendations that could have prevented countless deaths.
We’re calling on our provincial leaders to immediately:
- Legislate permanent paid sick days for all workers
- Provide the highest quality and amount of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to all workers
- Vaccinate equitably and strategically, starting with frontline workers and impacted communities
- Ensure all workers are covered by the workers’ compensation system
- Legislate and enforce preventative training standards
Demand protection for Ontario workers.