Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #4
The countdown is on. There is less than two weeks to go until we take to the streets to say: “Enough is enough!”
On Saturday, June 3, there will be over two dozen actions across the province to demand real solutions to the cost-of-living and health care crises. Find an action near you!
Will you forward this update to three friends to help ensure our voices are heard on June 3?
Here’s a reminder of what we’re fighting for:
- Real wage increases.
- Keep schools and health care public.
- Affordable groceries, gas, and basic goods.
- Rent control and affordable housing.
- Make the banks and corporations pay.
Fighting the cost-of-living crisis means supporting workers wherever they’re fighting for a better life. Here’s where workers need your support:
NEW Labour Actions
Take Action for School Crossing Guards
The City of Toronto is threatening to contract-flip 700 unionized crossing guards who fought for and won decent wages, paid sick days, and health benefits.
Send an email to tell City Councillors to do the right thing.
Windsor Salt Workers on Strike to Fight Union-Busting
Over 250 workers at Windsor Salt are fighting for good jobs and union-busting. Talks broke off in late April after a union member was assaulted in Ojibway Mine by three masked men carrying baseball bats. Click here to show your support.
Ongoing Labour Actions
- PSAC Local 533 members are still locked out by Casino Woodbine. Learn more here.
- CUPE 4681 members are still urging the Northeastern Catholic District School Board to get back to the bargaining table. Show your support by sharing their open letter here.
- ACTRA’s boycott of union-busting brands continues. Learn about the boycott here and the ACTRA lockout here.
- Workers at Schlegel Villages are fighting an acute staffing crisis, low wages, and contracting out. Show your support at an info picket and with the email tool here.
Know about a labour action that you don’t see here? Let us know!
More Enough Is Enough news:
*TONIGHT* Enough Is Enough–en français!
Tonight, Wednesday, May 24 at 6:00 PM, join the Enough Is Enough province-wide campaign meeting in French. RSVP here. « Assez ! C’est assez ! »
Join an Outreach Blitz
Join Justice for Workers to promote the Enough Is Enough Day of Action! Outreach blitzes will take place across the province. Find one near you here.
June 3 Resources
Help promote the Enough Is Enough campaign. Download materials from our resources page here.
OFL Statement: Interest Rate Hikes Continue to Push Working People to the Brink, While CEOs Remain Unscathed – Enough is Enough!
July 13, 2023
Despite workers enduring the greatest impact of aggressive interest rate hikes o...
Support Your Neighbours! Unite with York-South Weston Tenant Union On their Fight for Fair Rent!
July 10, 2023
Tenants in 33 King Street and neighboring buildings are organizing with York-Sou...