Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #6
We did it. Across the province, we mobilized thousands of Ontarians to say: “Enough is enough!”
Together, we said we’re fed up with wages that aren’t keeping up, sky-high housing costs, attacks on our health care system, Ford’s dismal environmental record, and the rise of hate.
Together, we demanded real solutions to these issues and made sure we could not be ignored. And we’re just getting started!
Thank you for joining us to make Saturday, June 3 a success.
Here are a few of the places that the day of action was featured:
- CTV National News, Day of action: Workers rally for better wages
- Toronto Star, “People are fed up”: Thousands rally in Ontario over discontent with provincial government
- Toronto Life, “This is not what Ontario wants”: These protesters are demanding that Doug Ford address the affordability and health care crises
Check out the full media round-up here.
Will you help us keep building? Start by inviting 5 friends to sign the campaign pledge. And stay tuned for updates in the weeks ahead about the next steps in the campaign.
The most immediate next steps you can take to support the Enough Is Enough campaign is to support workers who are fighting the cost-of-living crisis and demanding better in their workplaces and communities. Here’s where workers need your support:
- Support ACTRA’s boycott of union-busting brands. Use this email tool to support unionized ACTRA performers who have been locked out of commercial work for nearly a year.
- Support workers at Schlegel Villages fighting an acute staffing crisis, low wages, and contracting out. Show your support at an info picket and with the email tool here.
- Learn about the rent strike being led by York South-Weston Tenant Union. Read more on the website here. Follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Know about a labour or community action that you don’t see here? Let us know here!
June 3 was a big step forward, but it’s just the beginning. Let’s keep up the momentum.
OFL Statement: Interest Rate Hikes Continue to Push Working People to the Brink, While CEOs Remain Unscathed – Enough is Enough!
July 13, 2023
Despite workers enduring the greatest impact of aggressive interest rate hikes o...
Support Your Neighbours! Unite with York-South Weston Tenant Union On their Fight for Fair Rent!
July 10, 2023
Tenants in 33 King Street and neighboring buildings are organizing with York-Sou...