Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #2
Solidarity works! Since last week’s Enough Is Enough round-up, workers have achieved some major victories:
- Tentative agreements were reached for PSAC members at Canada Revenue Agency and CUPE 233 members at Toronto Metropolitan University.
- Starbucks workers at the Waterloo Town Square became the first Starbucks store in Ontario to unionize.
- ATU Local 113 won the fight to protect the right to strike.
Each of these victories prove that, when we work together, we win.
Here’s where workers still need your support:
PSAC at Casino Woodbine
PSAC Local 533 members have been locked out by Casino Woodbine. These workers are fighting for guaranteed part-time hours, more full-time positions, and a better sick leave plan.
Show your support:
- Join the picket line at 555 Rexdale Blvd., Etobicoke.
- Post a solidarity selfie with this text: “I’m in #solidarity with @psac_afpc members locked out by @CasinoWoodbine. These workers deserve job security, better sick leave & #PaidSickDays. #LiftingEveryoneUp #CLC2023 #CTC2023 #EnoughIsEnoughON #canlab #onlab”
ACTRA’s boycott of union-busting brands continues this week. The boycott aims to pressure the ad agencies these brands work with to bargain fairly with ACTRA members who have been locked out for nearly a year.
Learn more about the ACTRA lockout here.
Long-term care staff at Schlegel Villages continue to fight an acute staffing crisis, low wages, and contracting out. Show your solidarity by signing this letter and by finding and joining an information picket here.
Know about a labour action that you don’t see here? Let us know here!
More Enough Is Enough news:
June 3 Day of Action
On June 3, we’re taking to the streets to say: “Enough is enough!” RSVP here and stay tuned for details about actions in your own community.
Enough Is Enough–en français!
Save the date! On Wednesday, May 24 at 6:00PM, Enough Is Enough will host a province-wide campaign meeting in French. Stay tuned for more details here. << Assez ! C’est assez ! >>
Inflation: What it is and how to fight it will now take place on Monday, May 15 @ 6PM. Don’t miss it! RSVP here.
We’ve updated WeSayEnough.ca so you can find upcoming news, events, and resources. Check it out here! (Note: If you’re having trouble loading the new site, please clear your cache)
We did it!
June 7, 2023
Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #6 We did it. Across the province, we mobilized t...
Ontarians say ‘enough is enough’ with day of action to fight cost-of-living crisis
June 3, 2023
TORONTO – Today, thousands of workers and community members gathered for ralli...
Counting down to June 3
May 31, 2023
Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #5 Enough Is Enough is gaining momentum. Can you ...