Enough Is Enough Weekly Update #5
Enough Is Enough is gaining momentum. Can you feel it?
On Saturday, June 3, people across the province are taking to the streets to say they’re fed up! There are over 30 actions planned to fight back against the cost-of-living crisis. Will you join one? Once you RSVP, you’ll find a list of every action on the thank-you page.
Here are three other ways you can help us make June 3 as big as possible:
- Share this RSVP page to invite three friends to join you on June 3.
- Tell Doug Ford why you’re fed up. Send a tweet to say: enough is enough!
- Use this filter from Justice for Workers on Instagram, TikTok, or Facebook, to share why you’re joining a June 3 action.
Plus, check out the coverage that the day of action is already receiving. Local actions have been covered in NOW Toronto, SooToday, and Orillia Matters. And we’re seeing lots of great posts on social media too! Check out and share great content, like this video and others from OPSEU, ONA, and OnCanadaProject.
On June 3, we’re coming together to demand better for Ontarians because we know: together, we can win.
We know that we can’t just fight the cost-of-living crisis on June 3. We need to support workers whenever and wherever they’re fighting for a better life. Here’s where workers need your support:
- Support ACTRA’s boycott of union-busting brands. Nearly a year ago, several ad agencies decided to lock out ACTRA performers after 60 years of success working under an ACTRA agreement. The agencies wanted to gut wages and scrap benefits for gig performers. Help ACTRA’s fight to end this lockout. Boycott all brands – and their agencies – who refuse to pay minimum rates. Learn more about the boycott here and the ACTRA lockout here.
- Demand a fair deal for CUPE 1750 members. Workers at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) used to get six months of training. Now, it’s three. They used to have a caseload of 70. Now it’s 140. These workers are tired of being told to do more with less. Support their call for a fair deal.
- Show your solidarity with workers at Schlegel Villages. Staff at Schlegel Villages are fighting an acute staffing crisis, low wages, and contracting out. Show your solidarity by signing this letter and by finding and joining an information picket here.
Solidarity gets results. After a nearly three-week lockout, PSAC members at Casino Woodbine secured a new collective agreement on May 26, which saw no concessions and significant improvements to wages, benefits, and scheduling.
Ready to bring that same solidarity to June 3 and beyond? We can’t wait to see you there.
OFL Statement: Interest Rate Hikes Continue to Push Working People to the Brink, While CEOs Remain Unscathed – Enough is Enough!
July 13, 2023
Despite workers enduring the greatest impact of aggressive interest rate hikes o...
Support Your Neighbours! Unite with York-South Weston Tenant Union On their Fight for Fair Rent!
July 10, 2023
Tenants in 33 King Street and neighboring buildings are organizing with York-Sou...