Doug Ford’s inability to act and protect Ontario’s workers from COVID-19 cost lives.
- Death and serious illness ran rampant in our province’s long term care homes–particularly in for-profit homes.
- Front-line workers are still being forced to go into work sick because the government refuses to legislate adequate paid sick days.
- Collective agreements of Ontario workers are being undermined, while the government fails to provide a living minimum wage.
The people of Ontario have had enough. We’re demanding the government:
- Fix the crisis in long-term care
- Prioritize workers’ health and safety
- Implement the promised pandemic premium pay, expand its eligibility, and make it permanent
- Introduce a livable minimum wage immediately with no exceptions
- Provide permanent paid sick days, plus paid days during an outbreak
- Respect collective agreements and listen to workers
Sign the petition demanding a better pandemic response.