DEADLINE TO APPLY – Friday, October 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. EST
The Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) / Prevention Link values the diversity and intersectionality of the people it hires. At the OFL / Prevention Link diversity means fostering a workplace where individuals’ differences are recognized, respected, appreciated and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents, strengths, and passion to better the lives of all workers. The OFL / Prevention Link prioritizes hiring members from equity deserving groups and recruits, employs, and promotes, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, age or national origin. The OFL / Prevention Link is an equal opportunity employer, applicants from equity seeking communities are encouraged to self-identify in their application.
Prevention Link has a vacancy for a contract Administrative Support position. The Administrative Support position is a limited term contract until March 31, 2023. Pending funding approval, this contract may be extended. The Administrative Support position is covered under the terms and conditions as outlined in the collective agreement with COPE 343. This position is headquartered out of the OFL Offices in North York, Ontario, and is currently working remotely as required.
As a team member of Prevention Link, the Administrative Support position shall report through the Prevention Link Director and Executive Director to the Officers of the Ontario Federation of Labour.
POSITION: Contract – Prevention Link Administrative Support
LOCATION: North York, Toronto
START DATE: November 2022
HOURS OF WORK: Approximately 35 hours per week
REMUNERATION: Competitive salary, pension and benefits in accordance with the COPE Local 343 collective agreement.
The successful candidate will provide a variety of administrative support, including:
- Performing all administrative functions in support of the Prevention Link team;
- Assisting with scheduling Prevention Link courses, and handling all registration requirements;
- Assisting with printing and shipping requirements of course participant and instructor resources and materials;
- Composing substantive correspondence and written material, formatting reports and documents;
- Cross‐training on printing, document assembly and other print room functions;
- Processing financial documents and logging / deposit cheques;
- Editing and proofreading correspondence and course curriculum and materials for spelling and grammatical errors;
- Working with the Prevention Link databases, Thorntree;
- Managing the registration processes related to Prevention Link’s learning management software (LMS), Canvas;
- Assisting in the administration of courses, conferences and other events;
- Maintaining appropriate filing systems, and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The qualified candidate must have:
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills. The candidate must be a team player and able to work in a challenging and fast- paced environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience;
- Experience in managing competing priorities, including proven time management and organizational skills, with limited supervision;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress, Action Network or equivalent Contact Management Software;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Solutions (InDesign), and others;
- Robust attention to detail;
- Advanced language and editing skills;
- In‐depth understanding of office operations;
- Dedicated ability to keeping and maintaining confidentiality;
- Flexibility, problem solving skills, with good judgement, and
- Knowledge of the Ontario Workers Compensation system is considered an asset.
* Proficiency in other languages, particularly French and a diploma/ degree from an accredited college/ university in office/ business administration will be considered an asset.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications including a resume and cover letter can be sent to Prevention Link Executive Director Rob Halpin at RHalpin@preventionlink.ca by October 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Please include your name and “Prevention Link Administrative Support” in the subject line of your email.