DEADLINE TO APPLY – February 28, 2022 4:00 p.m. EST
The Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) values the diversity and intersectionality of the people it hires. At the OFL diversity means fostering a workplace where individuals’ differences are recognized, respected, appreciated and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents, strengths, and passion to better the lives of all workers. The OFL recruits, employs, and promotes, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, age or national origin. The Ontario Federation of Labour is an equal opportunity employer, applicants from equity seeking communities are encouraged to self-identify in their application.
The Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) represents 54 unions and one million workers and is Canada’s largest provincial labour federation. The OFL is seeking to fill two vacant Administrative Support positions to the OFL Officers and Management team. The successful candidate will begin as soon as possible, and report to the Secretary-Treasurer of the OFL, through the OFL’s Executive Director, Finance and Administration.
Join a small dynamic, energetic team of elected leaders, social justice advocates and other skilled staff at the OFL.
POSITION(S): 2 positions (1 full-time, 1 contract – maternity leave cover)
LOCATION: North York, Toronto
START DATE: March/ April 2022
HOURS OF WORK: Approximately 35 hours per week
REMUNERATION: Competitive salary, pension and benefits in accordance with the
COPE Local 343 collective agreement.
The successful candidate will provide a variety of administrative support, including:
- Support Elected Officers and members of the management team;
- Performing all administrative functions;
- Experienced in managing competing priorities;
- Scheduling appointments and update calendar:
- Setting up meetings, travel arrangements and booking reservations for Officers;
- Participating at executive and committee meetings, and compose meeting minutes as required;
- Composing substantive correspondence and written material, formatting reports and documents;
- Processing financial documents and log/ deposit cheques;
- Editing and proofreading for spelling and grammatical errors;
- Working with the OFL databases;
- Assisting in the organization of conferences and other events;
- Administrative duties associated with and at the OFL’s biennial convention;
- Maintaining appropriate filing systems, and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The qualified candidate must have:
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills. The candidate must be a team player and able to work in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Express);
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress, Action Network or equivalent Contact Management Software, Adobe Creative Cloud Solutions (InDesign), and others;
- Robust attention to detail;
- Advanced language and editing skills;
- In‐depth understanding of office operations;
- Dedicated ability to keeping and maintaining confidentiality;
- Flexibility, problem solving skills, with good judgement;
- Proven time management, organizational skills with limited supervision, and
- A commitment to social justice, workers’ rights and the trade union movement.
* Proficiency in other languages, particularly French and a diploma/ degree from an accredited college/university in office/ business administration will be considered an asset.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications including a resume and cover letter can be sent to Jane Liu at Jliu@ofl.ca by February 28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Please include your name and “Administrative Support” in the subject line of your email.
DATE POSTED: February 15, 2022
REMOVAL DATE: February 28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.