June 29, 2016
Together, we’ve Got PRIDE.
Getting and keeping a good job; safe, respectful communities; health benefits for us and our loved ones…these are all LGBTQ issues and we need strong labour unions to get them.
Ontario unions have marched side-by-side with the LGBTQ community to secure legal, social and economic rights such as:
- Protection from workplace harassment and discrimination;
- Human rights & protections for immigrants and refugees;
- Same-sex marriage and adoption;
- Safe and healthy workplaces; and
- Equal access to decent wages, benefits and pension.
Through unions, working people are able to join together to win better wages, benefits and a voice on the job. The power of a strong and vibrant trade union movement has also been crucial to advancing LGBTQ equality.
This year, take the campaign to Pride!
Join the campaign to change Ontario’s outdated employment laws to help raise the bar for all working people in Ontario, including LBGTQ workers!
Learn more and order some cool new materials for Pride this year at www.makeitfair.ca/pride.
- Equity & Human Rights