August 10, 2018
The Ontario Federation of Labour is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages those who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply. Indigenous persons, persons of colour, persons with a disability, and persons who are gay, lesbian, two spirited and transgendered are encouraged to self-identify in the application.
The Ontario Federation of Labour is seeking to fill a vacant position of Administrative Support/Reception.
Join a small, dynamic team of elected leaders, social justice advocates and other skilled staff at the OFL.
LOCATION: North York, Toronto
START DATE: September 2018
HOURS OF WORK: Approximately 35 hours per week (Full‐time permanent position)
Salary includes the above plus COLA and benefits commensurate with the staff Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills, be a team player and able to work in a challenging environment.
- Performing all Receptionist and Secretarial Functions;
- Support Department Directors as assigned;
- Type, edit and format documents, letters, emails and general correspondence;
- Work with databases;
- Taking and transcribing minutes of meetings;
- Setting up meetings and event arrangements;
- Staffing reception including answering phones, taking messages and greeting visitors;
- Maintaining appropriate filing systems;
- Cross‐training on printing and other functions;
- Administrative duties associated with and at the OFL’s biennial convention; and
- Special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 3‐5 years relevant experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express);
- Advanced Language and editing skills;
- In‐depth understanding of office operations;
- Dedicated to keeping and maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to learn modern technology such as Word Press, Nation Builder,
- Adobe Creative Cloud Solutions (InDesign), social media applications and others;
- Robust attention to detail;
- Flexibility, problem solving and good judgement;
- Proven time management and organizational skills with limited supervision;
- A commitment to social justice, worker’s rights and the trade union movement;
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly French, will be considered an asset.
- Only candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Applications can be sent to Paulette Hazel at email@example.com by, August 21, 2018
at 1:00 p.m.
DATE POSTED: August 10, 2018
REMOVAL DATE: August 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m
To download this job posting, click here.