Jul 9, 2018
Jul 15, 2018
July 9 – July 15
Borderland’s first-ever LGBTQ2 Pride Week is July 9-15, 2018. Don’t miss out on the fun! Here’s our full roster of events:
Main Street Makeover
• Show your support for downtown businesses in the Fort and Falls that have decorated their storefronts to show their values of diversity and inclusion over Pride Week!
• Check out our Pride Mart at Curvy Chick to pick up your official Borderland Pride swag! The Pride Mart opens in June.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11
Fire Song: Film Screening and Discussion
• Fire Song tells the story of Shane, an Anishinaabe teenager in Northern Ontario.
FRIDAY, JULY 13
Fort Fabulous Friday: Pride Weekend Kick-Off!
• You’re invited to a reception that brings together our local LGBTQ2 community and their Allies! Featuring special guests Prairie Sky, Cake, and Pharaoh Moans.
SATURDAY, JULY 14
Passport to Pride March
• The spirit of Pride knows no border! Be part of history by taking part in our region’s first Pride march AND one of the first in the world to cross an international border.
• Help us fly our flag for the first-time in Fort Frances!
Community BBQueer and Rainy Lake Square Entertainment
• Get some of that summer sizzle! We’ll hold a free community barbeque lunch while local talent takes to the stage. Be sure to check out the RL Square Market vendors too!
SUNDAY, JULY 15
Pride Week Church Service
• Join us for a special community service celebrating Pride Week, diversity, and inclusion in our community. All are welcome!
Drag Queen Story Hour
• Literature needn’t be a drag! Today one of our special guest queens will present a special story for children and the young at heart!
Love, Simon: Family Movie Night
• Join us for this by-donation screening of the heartwarming hit film “Love, Simon” – which ‘came out’ earlier this year! This film is rated PG-13.
~ ~ ~ ~
These events are all offered as part of Borderland Pride’s 2018 Pride Week. They are each open to ALL members of the community. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.